We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
If you are wanting to have a baby, you need to start taking care of your diet three months before you get pregnant. Some nutrients are essential to increase your fertility, to keep your health in good shape and to help your future baby find the substances he needs for his development.
Now more than ever is when you should watch what you eat and think about what you should not eat. Food and its composition affect the entire body, but its effects are not immediately noticeable. Changes in eating habits are significant and have the desired effects on the body three months to a year after they are started. This is the diet to get pregnant.
Therefore, to face pregnancy in good health, discover what are the necessary nutrients that must circulate through your body and that you will share with your baby when the time comes:
1. Folic acid. Lentils, asparagus, spinach, black beans, peanuts, citrus fruits, broccoli, lettuce, chard, spinach, and whole wheat bread and cereals are rich in folic acid, a nutrient that does not it must be missing from your diet if you are wanting to get pregnant. This group B vitamin helps prevent defects in the neural tube (brain and spinal cord) such as spina bifida, when it is taken three months before and during the first weeks of pregnancy. However, this vitamin is easily lost with cooking and, therefore, it is advisable to take folic acid in supplements of 400 micrograms, accompanied by a healthy diet rich in folates on a daily basis.
2. Omega 3. Omega 3 fatty acids are necessary to increase fertility. They are present in healthy fats in fish and are found in greater amounts in varieties of oily fish. Prawns, light tuna and salmon are the seafood products that have the least mercury content, but they contain significant amounts of Omega 3. And while fatty acids are necessary for proper ovarian function, mercury is toxic for the baby. If you prefer a plant-based source of Omega 3, flax seeds are rich in these omega-3 fatty acids and are easy to find in health food stores.
3. Iron. This mineral is essential for the formation of red blood cells. Combined with oxygen, it produces hemoglobin, a protein that is responsible for transporting the oxygen that reaches our lungs to the cells of the body. It is also an essential element for the synthesis of collagen, a protein found in bones, cartilage, and connective tissues. Iron intake during pregnancy is very important, since the mother uses 50 percent to increase the amount of blood and the rest of the iron is used by the fetus and the placenta for its development. Therefore, increase your consumption of meat, especially red meat. Remember that iron is better assimilated in combination with vitamin C, so do not forget to eat tomatoes or citrus fruits at the same meal whenever you eat a meat dish.
4. Whole-grain foods. In the process of refining the grain, 17 essential nutrients are lost, which stimulate fertility such as the B vitamins, iron and antioxidants. If you plan to conceive a child, it is advisable to include in your diet a bowl of whole grains for breakfast, a couple of toasts of whole wheat bread for lunch or a snack and a serving of whole wheat pasta for dinner.
5. Vitamins and minerals. They are essential to help the body take advantage of the energy provided by food. They also have the function of repairing and maintaining cells and tissues. Fruits and vegetables are foods rich in vitamins and minerals, and they should not be missing from your diet if you want to get pregnant. Due to their richness in photochemicals and antioxidants, they neutralize free radicals, which are harmful molecules that attack the body and are present in environmental pollution, and that can cause damage to the reproductive organs. Brightly colored fruits and vegetables are loaded with these nutrients. Make it a point to eat 5 servings a day of fruit or vegetables.
Marisol New. our site
You can read more articles similar to Diet to get pregnant, in the category of Getting pregnant on site.