We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The crib is the most important piece of furniture that will occupy our baby's room. You will spend many hours sleeping there, especially the first few months, so it is very important to choose a model that is both safe to avoid accidents and comfortable to facilitate your rest. I leave yous 6 tips for choosing a baby's crib adequately.
1. The crib must be approved and comply with current regulations in each country. New cribs generally are, but if the crib is inherited from a relative or friend or you buy second-hand, make sure that this is fulfilled.
2. The material of which it is made must not contain paints, lacquers or varnishes that contain lead or are toxic. The child may suck or chew on the crib at some point. The finish will be smooth, with no sharp edges to injure you and no protruding screws or nails. If it is made of wood, make sure it has no chips and is well sanded.
3. If the crib has wheels, make sure that at least two of them they have brake to avoid unexpected slippage. It will be stable to avoid tipping and resistant.
4. The bars will have blunt edges and should be a maximum of 6-7 cm apart to prevent the child from sticking his head between them. It's advisable use a protector or bumper so that it does not hit in any movement and hold it well.
5. The bed base will be rigid and resistant. It usually has several positions to facilitate access to the baby when it is smaller. Keep in mind that as it grows it will stand up so the distance between the top of the mattress and the edge will be about 60cm. If the sides are mobile be careful to always leave it up.
6. The mattress should not be excessively rigid. Its height will be about 10 cm and it must be well fitted so as not to leave gaps where the little one can put his feet or head.
One more tip: do not put stuffed animals, pillows, cushions inside or ornaments that could pose a choking problem or help them climb out. When he is more active, he also removes the mobiles and moves the crib away from the window cords.
You can read more articles similar to 6 tips for choosing a baby's crib, in the Furniture on site category.