We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Cassava is a very popular tuber in America, Africa and Asia, with which you can cook fabulous very nutritious dishes for children. This time we will use it to prepare some cassava balls stuffed with ham.
Besides being delicious, yucca is a very complete food. It is rich in complex carbohydrates, proteins and vitamins of group B and C. Go ahead and prepare this healthy recipe with the children and let them form the balls, they will surely like it!
- 800 gr of cassava without skin
- 40 g of butter
- 200 gr of grated cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- 250 gr of ham
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Trigp flour for coating
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- Tips: you can substitute cassava for potato
In Guiainfantil.com We show you how to make these delicious cassava balls for an aperitif, a starter, or a family celebration such as birthdays.
1. Wash, peel and chop the yucca. Bring plenty of water to boil in a pot and cook the yuca until it is tender when pierced. Remove and drain well, mashing the yuca until obtaining a puree.
2. Add the two egg yolks, the butter and the garlic powder to the mashed yuca. Mix the ingredients well until you get a consistent dough.
3. Chop all the ham into small pieces. You can substitute it for meat, bacon, cheese ... according to taste.
4. Form the cassava balls, placing a little ham in the middle and wrapping it in the dough. Pass them in flour and leave to cool for two hours in the fridge.
5. Put plenty of oil to heat in a pan. When hot, add the balls in small batches and fry until golden brown.
The Children's Guide trick: turn this recipe vegetarian by making a cheese filling, or swap the ham for minced meat, bacon etc.
You can read more articles similar to Cassava balls stuffed with ham. Recipe for kids, in the category of Croquettes on site.